Sendent allows users to create guest accounts for external partners and clients, making collaboration and file sharing a breeze. Guest accounts ensure that frequent recipients have central access to all shared files, while keeping your data secure from unauthorized access.
Premium users may enable Nextcloud guest accounts through the Sendent interface. In this article, we will walk you through the steps for using this feature.
Why use Guest Accounts
Guest accounts are a way to collaborate with individuals, such as vendors and contractors, outside of your organization while enforcing limited access to specifically shared files and folders. This means that guests only have access to the files and folders they are added to. For example, guest accounts can be used to collaborate with clients through a centralized folder or resolve a support issue with input from a customer.
How to create Guest Accounts
1. Compose an email message as you normally would. If the Guest Account function is activated in Settings, the “Create Guest Accounts” window should immediately appear after you click Send.
2. The window shows all the recipients of the email, with a toggle beside each name. Click on all the users you want to invite to the Share with a guest account.
3. If the toggle has been pre-enabled, it means the user already has a guest account with your Nextcloud instance.
How to revoke Guest Accounts
1. Log in as administrator and proceed to Settings > Guest Settings.
2. The Guest Settings page should show you all the guest accounts in your Nextcloud instance.
3. To revoke guest access, visit Regular User Administration. Click on the three dots beside the user to delete them from your Nextcloud instance.